Friday, November 20, 2009

Coffee...

Coffee is one of those beverages that no little kid seems to like, or at least it used to be that way. When I was little, I did not have a single friend that even thought about drinking coffee. Coffee was bad stuff. But now, I see little people toddling up to Starbucks and sucking down a double venti machiatto crapbucket all the time. I just don't get it. But I also did not know a single kid that was allergic to gluten.

I digress though. Coffee is a fantastic beverage. It wakes you up, keeps you focused and provides the occassional stomach ulcer. Much like beer, there really is a wide discrepancy in flavor and quality and you sometimes get what you pay for. Some brands are hyped a little high, while other great ones seem really happy to stay right below the radar. I don't really know the ins and outs of coffee roasting and how important the whole process is, but I bet someone who really knows there craft is the difference between good and great. My current favorite coffee is the Bean Cycle Blend by Bean Cycle Coffee here in Fort Collins. I like a strong coffee and this fits the bill. The coffee is great, but I also like their packaging, the fact they are big into bikes, and I can buy the coffee at Beavers Market just around the corner. It costs me $4.95 for 1/2lb and that seems pretty fair.

No comments: