Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reservoir Ridge Natural Area - aka Michaud Lane Trail

First Trail Junction and view Northeast
This place is sweet. It is exactly 9 minutes by car from my doorstep to the trailhead. I would guess it is about 20 minutes or so by bike. I ride by the turn all the time on my bike rides, but as I do not have a mountain bike I just keep on spinnin' by. I have been trail running over there lately, which is fantastic! Here are some pictures from a this past Sunday on a sunset hike with Christi and Winston. The first is the view from the first trail junction just at the top of the first little set of switchbacks. You can see northern Fort Collins and the south end of Wellington.

Deer on the Ridge
A little further south on the trail we came across six deer. Here you can see two silhouetted on the ridge line below this lone pine. It really is a very neat place 10 minutes from our house.


What would be a sunset hike without some pictures of the sunset. The sky just keep getting better and better!






No comments: