Monday, February 19, 2007

Chores...

Well, no bike ride today, but I did have a great Sunday. I rode my fixed gear with Christi for about 7 miles. We have great bike trails here in Fort Collins. The trail we took Sunday is paved all the way to Laporte. It has a great wooden bridge, well wood layed over steel supports and concrete pylons, but still wood under the tires. I rode the Le Tour with new bars and a fresh set of tires. I enjoyed the ride but still have my concerns with the amount of frame flex. I think I still have residual concerns about the flexing because of the catastrophic fracture of the crank on Mad Max. Still a bit gun shy.

After the fixie ride a friend called to ask if I would like to go road riding, so I changed clothes, hoped on the bike and took off. We road the Bingham Hill-Laporte-Cement plant loop and it was great. Any time you get to ride 22 miles in February and not freeze your butt off it is great. We road at a nice, leisurely pace and enjoyed the day.

Today was filled with chores that I have been putting off. I wrote a letter regarding a legal issue that I have been hesitant to write. It is good to have that done. After I finish this post I am planning to send a DVD to my buddy in Trinidad. I created the DVD from photos and footage from our trip to some 10th Mountain Division Huts last March. A year late is better than never. I also got a jump on our taxes this year. If I have them done before April 1st it will be a record. My biggest accomplishment was installing a new water heater. I actually watched and played gopher while my buddy who is a plumber installed the heater. However, I did decide to install the new heater before the other heater actually rusted out. Lets hope we do not spring any leaks over night.

I did see that Jill in Alaska finished the Sustina 100. That is an amazing accomplishment.

No comments: